SURFSIDE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — Two people were cited Sunday at Hamburger Joe’s in Surfside Beach for not wearking masks, according to Chief Kenneth Hofmann.
According to Hofmann, two people were waiting to be seated when management told them to put on masks. Gov. McMaster’s order states people have to wear masks inside restaurants when they are not eating or drinking.
Both people refused and management called police, Hofmann said. Police asked the customers to put on masks while waiting and they refused again.
Hamburger Joe’s said in a statement on Facebook the police were called because the customers were being disruptive.
Each person received a $100 citation and then left the restaurant, Hofmann said.
Hofmann said Surfside Police went around to various restaurants when the order was put in place to give them a copy of the order and educate them on it.
Hofmann encourages businesses owners to call police if customers are not compliant.
- Temps rise tonight and we will be in the 70s tomorrow
- ‘MAGA Patriot Party’ files with FEC; Trump team says it’s not affiliated
- Kelvin Roller named new Dillon head football coach, replacing Jackie Hayes
- Biden restricts travel from 26 European countries
- Hauser, Huff lead No. 8 Virginia past Syracuse, 81-58