LORIS, SC (WBTW) – A three-year-old girl has died from her injuries after a crash in Loris on Thursday afternoon.
Allura Rose Blacknell, of Loris, died from injuries she sustained in a head-on collision that happened on SC Highway 66, according to Horry County Deputy Coroner Patty Bellamy.
Two others were injured in what officials described as “a very bad crash.” According to the South Carolina Highway Patrol, a driver traveling east on Highway 66 crossed over the center line and struck a westbound car head-on. Blackwell was a passenger in the first car, traveling east.
A helicopter landed at Loris High School to take one of the patients from the crash scene to a hospital.
Hwy. 66 was fully shut down for more than four hours. Horry County Fire Rescue crews were dispatched at about 5:25 p.m. to the wreck at Hwy. 66 and Doyce Lane. Highway patrol is still investigating the crash.
Editor’s note: Allura Rose Blacknell’s name was misspelled in the initial coroner’s report and later corrected.
- Biden reacts to death of Justice Ginsburg, rejects quick vote on her successor
- Myrtle Beach attractions adapt to pandemic, begin to reopen and make changes
- Darlington mayor upset with SCDOT over flooding, outdated drains
- Nonprofit organization hosts competition to help veterans with disabilities
- Can a Supreme Court vacancy be filled during election year?