Grand Strand

Want to feed migratory geese in Horry County? You'll need 5 acres

CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – Horry County is considering a new way to regulate when people can feed migratory birds.

Currently, if you’re designated as a wildlife area, you can feed them on your property – but there’s no minimum acreage for that.

For those in dense residential areas, some people have complaints.

"Those who are unhappy know large flocks of ducks and geese are being fed in the neighborhood and the damage they might do to the common areas, and that kind of thing," said county spokesperson Kelly Moore.

The council wants to update the ordinance to make it a 5-acre minimum a person would need to be able to feed the birds on their property.

Horry County Council still needs to make a final vote.

More Stories

Meet the Team

Don't Miss

Latest News - Local

Video Center