CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – Horry County police continued an annual tradition this year by reciting and recording a Christmas classic for local children.
Officers and other members of the department recited ‘The Night Before Christmas’ for children in Horry County. The department says this tradition is an effort to promote childhood literacy.
It also says the tradition gives children the opportunity to connect with local law enforcement, even if they’re not in the same space.
‘The Night Before Christmas’ is a poem first published in the nineteenth century. Years after its original release, author Clement Clarke Moore claimed ownership of the now-classic.
- A warm end to the weekend
- Gov. McMaster issues new executive order in response to COVID-19
- Mother charged after infant found in plastic bag at NC church parking lot
- Tideland Health reports first COVID-19 patient death for healthcare system
- DHEC: 2 new COVID-19 related deaths, statewide total reaches 660