He was 98.
Reiner died on Monday night with his family by his side, according to TMZ. Reiner’s assistant, Judy Nagy, told Variety he died of natural causes.
Reiner was a longtime comedian, actor, director, screenwriter, and publisher. He won multiple Emmy Awards, a Grammy Award, and numerous other awards.
He was known for his work on “The Dick Van Dyke Show” and directed Steve Martin in “The Jerk.” He also appeared alongside George Clooney and Brad Pitt in “Ocean’s Eleven.”
- Showers and storms likely through midweek
- Another suspect in ‘Operation Broken Branch’ arrested Monday
- MLB, Braves release full 60 game schedule for 2020 season
- Pandemic presents unique challenges for kids with special needs and their families
- Gov. Cooper vetoes SB 168 after days of protests