HORRY COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – A decision on a mask ordinance in Horry County is being reconsidered and was discussed at Tuesday night’s county council meeting.
Councilman Harold Worley made a motion to reconsider the mask ordinance (Emergency Ordinance 108-2020) amended in the last council meeting.
In the meeting on October 20, council amended the ordinance to include strongly encouraging mask wearing instead of requiring it. The amendment passed in a vote, 10 to 2.
A resolution that reconsiders the mask ordinance decision is being drafted and will be voted on at the next council meeting.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Surfing for gold: Dependent on weather, defined by the ocean
- Parts and worker shortage hurting mechanics across the Carolinas
- COVID-19 stays center stage at Tokyo Olympics
- Typhoon impacts schedule for Olympic rowing events
- LeVar Burton says ‘Jeopardy!’ tapings got off to rough start: ‘Can’t let your focus drop for a nanosecond’