HORRY COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – Voting in Horry County faced a small hiccup, but officials said it did not change the outcome of the already reported races.
Some of the voting machines were giving poll workers some problems when they tried to retrieve the votes from the USB sticks, according to Sandy Martin, Director of Horry County Voter Registration and Elections.
The company that supplies the machines has arrived to fix the issue and authorities said they are rerunning about 16,000 votes. There are around 14,000 that went fine and are in the internal system, according to Martin.
The county is hoping to have everything resolved by Thursday afternoon, at which time they will report all absentee ballot votes on the website.
- Surfside Beach continues Thanksgiving turkey trot tradition with pandemic modifications
- North Carolina couple use lottery winnings to buy Thanksgiving dinners for needy
- 20 movies filmed in the Myrtle Beach area
- 19 Thanksgiving foods that are not safe for your pets
- Child killed, 3 others injured in South Carolina house fire