MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – One Myrtle Beach veteran got a special birthday surprise while he celebrated his 97th birthday.
For Bud Chestnut, friends and family gave an unforgettable birthday present. The World War II veteran was given a special birthday parade.
“It’s unbelievable,” Chestnut said. “I knew they were coming, but I didn’t know it would be that much. Anybody that takes that time, I just appreciate it so much.”
Chestnut’s friends and family drove by in their cars, honking and waving as they wished the 97-year-old their best on his day.
- Watch Live: President Biden speaks on coronavirus as July 4 vaccine goal nears
- Top medical adviser says ‘no fans’ safest for Tokyo Olympics
- Dressel wins, but Manuel fails to advance in swim stunner
- Summer Wells’ father describes evening of 5-year-old’s disappearance
- George Floyd statue weighing 700 pounds unveiled in New Jersey