(CNN NEWSSOURCE)– The guitar played by Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain during his 1993 “MTV Unplugged” performance has sold for more than $6 million.
Cobain used the 1959 Martin guitar for the performance only five months before his death.
Bidding for the guitar started at $1 million, according to Julien’s Auctions, but bids quickly escalated with the guitar selling for $6,010,000.
The Australian businessman who bought it says he plans to sell it after showing the guitar around the world in an effort to help artists.
- Cold weather returns tonight
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio
- Baby hit by car as mom, dad argue over custody in North Carolina, deputies say
- Here’s why it’s crucial to quarantine for 14 days after COVID-19 exposure