(CNN NEWSSOURCE)– The guitar played by Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain during his 1993 “MTV Unplugged” performance has sold for more than $6 million.
Cobain used the 1959 Martin guitar for the performance only five months before his death.
Bidding for the guitar started at $1 million, according to Julien’s Auctions, but bids quickly escalated with the guitar selling for $6,010,000.
The Australian businessman who bought it says he plans to sell it after showing the guitar around the world in an effort to help artists.
- Following 18-month investigation, Senate passes bill protecting Olympic athletes from abuse
- ‘Mulan’ will be available to Disney+ subscribers Sept. 4 for a fee
- Living Local Carolina: Learn About The Science Behind Acupuncture and Dr. Tonya Weber’s Goal For Her Patients at Acupuncture And Integrative Medicine in NMB
- ‘Afraid for my life’: Portland protesters testify before Congress
- U.S. lawmakers disagree on how to curb violence during protests