FLORENCE COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – Florence County deputies arrested a man they say was involved in drug trafficking and assaulted an officer.
On Monday, deputies made a traffic stop near the Lake City area at the intersection of Ron McNair Boulevard and Moore Streets, according to authorities.
During the traffic stop, deputies say Bobby Donielle McElveen, 35, was found in possession of Methamphetamine, a handgun and ammunition.
While deputies attempted to detain him, McElveen, according to deputies, resisted arrest and led them on a short foot chase.
McElveen was charged with trafficking methamphetamine, possession of a weapon during a violent crime, possession of a weapon by a convicted felon and assault on a police officer while resisting arrest.
He is being held at the Florence County Detention Center awaiting a bond hearing.
- At least one killed in crash on Highway 17 in Horry County
- Crews respond to fire in Florence County
- Planning commission approves re-zoning to build nearly 300 new homes in Horry County, many in floodplain
- Pee Dee employers gear up for Phase 1B of SC vaccine rollout
- New Yorkers split if Governor Cuomo’s apology was sincere