Group travel manager Tracie Lawrence joined News13 NOW at 9 a.m. on Wednesday to talk about last-minute spring travel.
Watch the video to hear her ideas and tips for planning travel. She warns many spring flights are booked at this point. Here are a few ideas she shared during the show:
- Ireland is beautiful in spring.
- It’s a little less expensive than many other international destinations.
- From Myrtle Beach, there’s only one stop on flights through Atlanta.
- Spring can be a busy time for U.S. travel.
- Think of popular destinations that you may want to avoid because of large crowds.
- Alternatives to obvious spring destinations may be:
- The Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC
- Other areas of the North Carolina or Tennessee mountains
- Washington, D.C., but perhaps avoid the Cherry Blossom Festival, which is March 20 to April 14, 2019.
- Travel agents can be a huge help when planning travel.
- Agents who are experienced know a good deal of logistics regular travelers won’t.
- Find an agent who you have a rapport with and who truly understands the type of travel you will enjoy.