LEXINGTON, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a South Carolina woman died after the motorcycle she was riding on hit a deer.
News outlets report that the Lexington County coroner Margaret Fisher said 53-year-old Ruth Hunt Payne of Lexington died at the scene of the wreck. She was a passenger on the motorcycle, which hit a deer around just after 11 a.m. on U.S. 378.
Fisher said the person driving the motorcycle was injured and was taken to a hospital. Information on that person’s condition wasn’t immediately available.
Fisher said both Payne and the driver were wearing helmets.
The Highway Patrol was investigating.
- Hartsville Police Department releases DUI numbers for October 2019 through March 2020
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson moved to intensive care
- Gov. McMaster, health officials to hold COVID-19 briefing at 4PM
- PGA tour major events shuffled until later in 2020
- Woman arrested in strong arm robbery in Florence