LEXINGTON, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a South Carolina woman died after the motorcycle she was riding on hit a deer.
News outlets report that the Lexington County coroner Margaret Fisher said 53-year-old Ruth Hunt Payne of Lexington died at the scene of the wreck. She was a passenger on the motorcycle, which hit a deer around just after 11 a.m. on U.S. 378.
Fisher said the person driving the motorcycle was injured and was taken to a hospital. Information on that person’s condition wasn’t immediately available.
Fisher said both Payne and the driver were wearing helmets.
The Highway Patrol was investigating.
- 3 men accused in $100K soda-syrup scheme
- 52 sea turtles experiencing ‘cold stun’ in New England flown to rehab in Florida
- The 2025 Mini Countryman EV SUV is riding a big trend
- Fired and charged South Carolina deputy says he punched man he had arrested before because he feared he had a gun
- DOJ charging four Russian soldiers with war crimes, says AG Garland