MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Lifetime Myrtle Beach resident and long time historian and photographer Billy Roberts passed away Thursday evening.
According to the Myrtle Beach City Government, Roberts, who was 91, began taking photos of Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand in the 1930s.
They said he loved learning about the history of the area and sharing it with others.
As a young man, Roberts was one of Myrtle Beach’s early police officers in the 1950s.
- Living Local Carolina: New Dessert Shop Chocobella Offers Fine Belgian Chocolates And Gelato In Downtown Florence
- Second dose of COVID-19 vaccine can cause stronger symptoms, but is crucial to build antibodies
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Living Local Carolina: Learn What A Time-Lapse Is And How To Make One With Your Phone
- Living Local Carolina: Making 2021 Vision Boards With Carolina Trust Federal Credit Union And How To Get Back On Track Financially