STATESVILLE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – Tropical Storm Zeta damaged a United States Postal Service vehicle, multiple homes and other vehicles across the Carolinas Thursday.
The USPS employee was not hurt, a witness told FOX 46 on Thursday.
“Thank goodness John, our mail carrier, is okay. He was leaning out of his truck delivering mail when a tree fell on him. This is in the Eastbrook neighborhood in Statesville,” James Hogan said.
The accident happened at the intersection of E. Elementary Road and Eastbrook Lane.
The mashed mail truck was one of countless examples of property damage across North Carolina caused by the fast-moving storm.
Hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses remain without power Thursday afternoon.
- Sidney Moorer asks state supreme court to overturn obstruction of justice conviction
- FBI searching for ‘Too Tall Bandit’ accused of robbing at least 16 banks in SC, NC, TN since 2009
- Lawsuit: Student sickened by mold at St. James Elementary School
- Second stimulus check update: Group pushes $908B plan to break virus relief impasse
- Barr: No evidence of widespread voter fraud