STATESVILLE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – Tropical Storm Zeta damaged a United States Postal Service vehicle, multiple homes and other vehicles across the Carolinas Thursday.
The USPS employee was not hurt, a witness told FOX 46 on Thursday.
“Thank goodness John, our mail carrier, is okay. He was leaning out of his truck delivering mail when a tree fell on him. This is in the Eastbrook neighborhood in Statesville,” James Hogan said.
The accident happened at the intersection of E. Elementary Road and Eastbrook Lane.
The mashed mail truck was one of countless examples of property damage across North Carolina caused by the fast-moving storm.
Hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses remain without power Thursday afternoon.
- Nancy Pelosi says Capitol mob would’ve ‘had a battle on their hands’ if they ran into her
- South Carolina sued by private schools who want public money
- 2019 Timmonsville murder suspect released from jail on bond
- Democrats to unveil bill to expand US Supreme Court by four justices
- New barbeque restaurant opens in Murrells Inlet with same staff as former Prosser’s BBQ