MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – A man was arrested Wednesday at Myrtle Beach International Airport after TSA found a gun in his bag.
A TSA officer ran the bag through an x-ray machine when they saw what appeared to be a gun concealed in the carry on. The bag and it’s owner, Chad Murphy, 46, were moved to the TSA interrogation office where a search of the bag found a pistol, clips and a round of ammunition, according to the officer.
Murphy said he did not know the weapon was in the bag and he was later taken to J. Reuban Long Detention Center, according to authorities.
He was charged with carrying a weapon in a restricted place and was released on a $500 bond.
The weapon was run through NCIC and came back clear.
- Ford recalls over 700,000 vehicles because backup cameras can go dark
- Senate passes bill to avoid government shutdown hours before deadline
- Blitz Picks – Week 2 of the SCHSL season
- Coronavirus stimulus vote delayed in US House
- Myrtle Beach Emergency Manager retires as part of city’s early retirement plan to cut costs