MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – The Myrtle Beach Police Department has arrested a man in connection with assaulting a missing teen in Myrtle Beach.
According to warrants obtained by News13, police found Harvey Green and the minor in his room at the Blake Motel on Ocean Blvd. on Monday.
Warrants suggest Green sexually assaulted the teen while she was “mentally incapacitated”. When questioned about what he and the teen were doing, Green allegedly told police they were “just drinking and smoking weed”. Officers observed multiple bottles of beer and a loaded pipe with marijuana inside, according to warrants.
Police say they also found a small bag with a ‘white rock-like substance’ under the couch. The substance field tested positive for cocaine, according to warrants.
Green, 54, was arrested Monday and charged with criminal sexual conduct with a 16-year-old, third degree; possession of 28 grams of marijuana, first offense; possession of 1 gram of meth, first offense and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Green is awaiting trial with no bond.
- Floodwaters from Hurricane Isaias carry Jeep blocks away on Oak Island
- Florence man faces 20 charges of child porn, up to 200 years in prison
- SEC announces new fall preseason practice schedule
- WATCH LIVE: NC Gov. Cooper, emergency management officials giving update on Isaias
- DHEC: 52 additional confirmed deaths in South Carolina reported today