MARION CO, SC (WBTW) – A man was sentenced to 50 years for two counts of criminal sexual conduct with a minor under the age of 11 in Marion County.
William Bruce Clark Jr. was found guilty of two counts of criminal sexual conduct with a minor, first degree, on Friday, According to 12th Circuit Solicitor Ed Clements. He was sentenced to 25 years on each count to be served consecutively.
After being convicted Friday, the Marion County Sheriff’s Office tells News13 that Clark tried to run away from officers in an attempt to escape custody. The sheriff’s office says he tried to escape while being escorted to a detention van. We are working to learn more information about this escape attempt.
He was arrested in April of 2014. Clark will receive credit for three months of time served.
- DEVELOPING: Sled investigating deputy-involved shooting in York County
- VIDEO: F-1 tornado tosses small airplane at South Carolina airport
- Influential South Carolina lawmakers seek Santee Cooper compromise
- Top baby names for 2020: Did yours make the list?
- Crash closes part of Highway 905 in Horry County