FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. – One of the two young men charged in the killing of Hope Mills teen Danielle Locklear in March 2014 will be sentenced today.
Dominic Lock and Je’Michael Malloy were arrested for the 2014 killing.
Lock pleaded guilty in July of last year to being an accessory after the fact to first-degree murder and will be sentenced Monday morning in Cumberland County court.
Lock is accused of helping Je’Michael Malloy, who pled guilty to second-degree murder last month. Malloy, who was Locklear’s ex-boyfriend, could spend up to 25 years in prison. Malloy confessed to choking the 15-year-old Locklear during a fight.
Investigators said Lock helped Malloy tie cinderblocks to the teen’s body and threw her in the South River where she was found the next month.
“All I can say is this is a tragedy, everyone was young, everyone had their lives ahead of them,” said Joel Acciardo with the Hope Mills Police Department not long after Locklear’s body was discovered.
Locklear’s family has made a point of being at court appearances throughout the two-year process.
CBS North Carolina will be in the courtroom today and will provide updates as they become available.