SENECA, S.C. (WSPA) – Seneca Police Department officials said a 20-year-old and a 17-year-old were shot and killed Sunday night.
According to Interim Police Chief Casey Bowling, officers responded at about 7:15 p.m. for a reported shooting on Tribble Street.
When officers arrived on scene, they found two men with gunshot wounds. According to the Oconee County Coroner’s Office, the 20-year-old man, from Pickens, died at the scene. The 17-year-old man, from Seneca, died on the way to the hospital.
Bowling said this appeared to be an isolated incident. Officers do not believe there is an active threat to the public.
The Seneca Police Department and Oconee County Coroner’s Office will continue to investigate.
If you have any information regarding this incident, you’re asked to contact the Seneca Police Department at (864) 885-2718.
- Horry County looks to update comprehensive plan for maintaining its beaches
- Denver mayor tells public to stay home, then flies to see his family
- Health officials report close to 4,000 COVID-19 cases among students, staff at SC schools
- Police: Man forced his way into Myrtle Beach hotel, kidnapped 2 people
- Police: Man charged after reportedly taking family from hotel at gunpoint