MARION, SC (WBTW) – Marion Police Chief Keith Park has resigned from his position, according to city administrator Alan Clemmons.
This resignation comes only one month after he took on the role. Chief Parks was sworn in on October 1.
There is no word yet on a reason for the resignation. The city has named Lieutenant Marilyn Rogers as Interim Chief.
News13 has obtained documents that show Parks has a history of alleged misconduct and violations in other departments.
In a resignation letter dated Tuesday, Parks gave no reason for his resignation.
We are working to learn more. Count on News13 for updates.
- George Floyd statue weighing 700 pounds unveiled in New Jersey
- Charlotte mom made teen daughter bury 4-year-old sister in backyard, warrants say
- ‘We’re having a road baby’: Tennessee woman gives birth on side of interstate
- Video: Man accidentally shoots himself in face at gun range
- Deputies search for Robeson County man wanted on murder charges after a deadly domestic dispute