MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — Carolina Country Music Fest always draws a crowd to the Myrtle Beach area, inevitably changing traffic. But, Myrtle Beach is prepared.
On Tuesday, Myrtle Beach released its traffic plans for duration of the festival, June 10-13. They are as follows:
- One lane of westbound 8th Avenue North and the parking spaces will be closed starting Tuesday
- Eighth Avenue North and Ocean Boulevard will be closed on Wednesday
- Eastbound Ninth Avenue North will be closed on Wednesday
- Parking for CCMF, ticket issues and Ground Zero will be placed behind the parking garage on 10th Avenue North
- Rideshare services will utilize Ninth Avenue North between Kings Highway and Oak Street for pick-up and drop-off
- Overflow parking is at the former Myrtle Square Mall site across from the Convention Center
- Shuttle buses will drop off on Chester Street by the Parking Garage
- Gates to CCMF open Thursday at 5:30 p.m.
Crews made a lot of progress Tuesday putting up the main stage and other parts of the festival.
City leaders say it’ll be all hands on deck for the Myrtle Beach Police Department during the busy weekend.
“CCMF is a sellout- 30,000 people,” city manager Jonathan ‘Fox’ Simons said. “It’s going to be an incredibly busy weekend. So we ask for everyone’s patience as they’re trying to travel throughout the city this weekend. Use Grissom Parkway. Use the Bypass.”
Simons added that extra officers are coming in to help during the weekend.