MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Myrtle Beach Speedway attracts visitors from all over, however their most recent race went against Gov. McMaster’s executive order of no more than 250 guests.
In order to have more than 250 people allowed at an event, organizers have to apply for an exemption from McMaster’s executive order; however, Myrtle Beach Speedway was not on the list of approved exemptions according to the SC Commerce website.
The website has a full list of all events in South Carolina that have received an exemption, but the speedway was not on that list for this past weekend’s races.
News13 has reached out to SC Commerce to ask if Myrtle Beach Speedway applied.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Living Local Carolina: New Dessert Shop Chocobella Offers Fine Belgian Chocolates And Gelato In Downtown Florence
- Second dose of COVID-19 vaccine can cause stronger symptoms, but is crucial to build antibodies
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Living Local Carolina: Learn What A Time-Lapse Is And How To Make One With Your Phone
- Living Local Carolina: Making 2021 Vision Boards With Carolina Trust Federal Credit Union And How To Get Back On Track Financially