NEW ORLEANS (WGNO/WFLA) — One person died and 18 were hospitalized after a massive collapse at a Hard Rock Hotel construction site in New Orleans Saturday.
The collapse dumped debris across the road and prompted evacuations at nearby buildings.
The collapse occurred around 9:30 a.m. on the corner of Iberville and North Rampart Street.
Buildings surrounding the collapse were evacuated, and shocked people spilled onto the road as NOPD officers worked to secure the scene.
- Update, autopsy results expected Tuesday in Faye Swetlik homicide case
- Warmer today with better rain chances
- New Horry County ‘alternative school’ design approved, costs $5 million more than expected
- North Myrtle Beach passes oceanfront parking changes
- Loris & Socastee name new high school football coaches