NEW YORK (WPIX/CNN/WBTW) – This year’s Rockefeller Center Christmas tree was set up in Manhattan Saturday ahead of the annual tree lighting ceremony.
It’s a Norway Spruce that was cut down on Thursday from a community in New York.
The 77-foot, 14-ton tree was brought to “The Big Apple” on a trailer.
It was then untied and raised with a crane Saturday onto its new home on the center plaza.
The 87th Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting takes place December 4.
- Mail truck flattened by falling tree in North Carolina
- NASA to launch new satellite to improve hurricane forecasting
- North Myrtle Beach woman charged with killing 2 newborns, dumping bodies in trash to be sentenced Nov. 5
- DHEC: 918 new cases of COVID-19 for SC, 13 additional deaths
- Pres. Trump, Biden to appeal to last-minute voters in dueling Florida rallies