WUHAN, China (CNN NEWSOURCE/WFLA) — The first U.S. citizen has died from the coronavirus in the Chinese city of Wuhan, where the virus originated.
The U.S. embassy in Beijing says the patient was 60-years-old and died at Jinyintan Hospital.
Since breaking out in Wuhan in December, the coronavirus has killed more than 700 people worldwide, mostly in China.
Tens of thousands of people have been infected in 27 countries and territories worldwide.
At least 12 cases have been confirmed in the U.S.
- Trump announces ‘Born Alive’ executive order
- Both Republican members of NC State Board of Elections resign
- Protesters march in NC, leave casket full of dirt at police station
- Breonna Taylor decision: What is wanton endangerment?
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives