WUHAN, China (CNN NEWSOURCE/WFLA) — The first U.S. citizen has died from the coronavirus in the Chinese city of Wuhan, where the virus originated.
The U.S. embassy in Beijing says the patient was 60-years-old and died at Jinyintan Hospital.
Since breaking out in Wuhan in December, the coronavirus has killed more than 700 people worldwide, mostly in China.
Tens of thousands of people have been infected in 27 countries and territories worldwide.
At least 12 cases have been confirmed in the U.S.
- Second arrest made in deadly Florence County shooting
- Pet sickness, death linked to flea and tick collar, investigation finds
- LIVE: National security officials testify on Jan. 6 Capitol attack
- Florence man charged in series of shoplifting incidents
- McLeod Health to begin accepting appointments for those in Phase 1B for mass vaccination clinic