(WKBN) – The makers of Cream of Wheat are rethinking their mascot and logo.
Followed by the announcement that the Aunt Jemima brand is changing its logo from that of an African American woman that has been criticized as being a caricature of a black maid, other companies are taking a second look at their branding.
Now, Cream of Wheat and parent company B&G Foods issued a statement Wednesday night saying the logo is under review.
The Cream of Wheat box depicts the image of a black cook.
We understand there are concerns regarding the Chef image, and we are committed to evaluating our packaging and will proactively take steps to ensure that we and our brands do not inadvertently contribute to systemic racism. B&G Foods unequivocally stands against prejudice and injustice of any kind.”B&G FOODS
- National security leaders say China is trying to hack U.S. healthcare companies to find COVID-19 vaccine
- Thomas keeps clean card for 2-shot lead at Muirfield Village
- UPDATE: Horry County Police say missing woman has been found safe
- Heinz kit turns ketchup, mayo into frozen treats
- Notre Dame Cathedral to be rebuilt without modern touches