DETROIT (CNN WIRE/WBTW) – A puppy named Nipsey is okay despite eating a bag of crack cocaine.
The Pitbull was in his Detroit yard Wednesday, when police began searching a neighboring property.
Police say a suspect then threw the bag of drugs over the fence and Nispey ate it.
When officers realized what had happened, they called the Michigan Humane Society for help. MHS staff came and transported Nipsey to Grosfeld Veterinary Center. There, they gave him free treatment and observation overnight.
Now, the one-year-old dog is back home with his owner.
- Senator sells stocks while ethics group calls for investigation
- Dems want universal vote-by-mail during COVID-19 pandemic but GOP is pushing back
- Community donations save a Carolina Forest business from closure
- Deputies investigate homicide in Darlington Co.
- WATCH NOW: As first stimulus check looms, lawmakers working towards next round of relief