MARGATE, Fla. (AP) — Officials in Florida say an 84-year-old woman was mauled to death by her dog while a man was hospitalized with serious injuries.
The South Florida Sun Sentinel reports the elderly woman Carolyn Varanese was pronounced dead at the scene while 57-year-old Joseph Varanese was taken to Northwest Medical Center in Margate, Florida, a Fort Lauderdale suburb.
The dog is now in the custody of the Broward County Animal Care and Adoption Center as police investigate the cause of the late Friday attack.
The dog’s breed was not specified.
- California to end sales of new gasoline-powered cars and trucks by 2035
- Gamecocks picked to finish 5th in SEC east, three players chosen for media’s All-SEC preseason teams
- SC tax preparer arrested for assisting others with false tax returns
- Second stimulus checks: How SCOTUS battle could derail $1,200 direct payments
- Walmart to add 20,000 seasonal jobs. Here’s how you can apply