WASHINGTON (WBTW) — Georgia Representative and civil rights icon, John Lewis, has died at age 80, according to USA Today.
According to USA Today, Lewis was battling stage four pancreatic cancer since December. Lewis was an organizer of the March on Washington in 1963 with Martin Luther King, Jr.
Lewis served in congress for more than 30 years.
- Confederate statue outside Alabama courthouse removed overnight
- Lawsuit filed after Florida high school student loses parking pass over Trump elephant
- Gap Inc. exiting malls, to shutter 350 stores by 2024
- Chick-fil-A sauces will soon be sold at select grocery stores to help fund employee scholarships
- Parents search for answers after they say toddler’s dental procedure left lasting damage