BURKE COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) — At about 8:30 p.m. Tuesday night, investigators served an arrest warrant on Lexie C. Tenhuisen of Waynesville, North Carolina.
The 66-year-old woman was booked into the Burke County Detention Center on one count of involuntary manslaughter, a misdemeanor.
The charges stem from the death of 4-year-old Israel Scott in June 2022.
Tenhuisen was released after posting a $10,000 preset Magistrate Court bond.
Israel Scott Death Investigation Timeline:
- June 14, 2022 6/14/22 – 4-year-old dies after drowning in Burke County
- July 6, 2022 – 4-year-old drowning victim’s parents want answers
- July 6, 2022 – Burke County Sheriff, District Attorney release statements, report on child’s drowning
- July 7, 2022 – “Did she willfully intend for Izzy to die,” Sheriff Alfonzo Williams explains investigation into drowning death of 4-year-old
- July 9, 2022 – “Can you imagine your child calling you and you can’t help her–I lost it,” A vigil was held following the drowning of 4-year old Israel Scott
- July 18, 2022 – “We’ll never see him graduate college,” Family of Israel Scott respond to sheriff’s office drowning investigation
- July 26, 2022 – ‘We’re going to pray Israel gets justice:’ Family holds rally for 4 -year -old drowning victim
- Aug. 24, 2022 – ‘He’s going to help save lives’: Family of Izzy Scott pushing for new laws
- Aug. 27, 2022 – The Izzy Scott Foundation held a benefit concert to raise awareness for swim laws in Georgia
- Dec. 30, 2022 – Burke County swimming instructor charged with involuntary manslaughter by DA’s office