MYRTLE BEACH, SC (CNN NEWSOURCE/WKRG)–Go ahead and hit delete… Today is National ‘Unfriend’ Day.
Jimmy Kimmel declared November 17th ‘national Facebook unfriend day” to inspire people to tidy-up their social media accounts.
Social media use can interfere with sleep, mental health or daily responsibilities.
Some psychologists say ‘unfriending’ certain people can be a good solution for those problems.
Clearing out your connections can make more room in your news-feed for people you’re close with, which can be a more rewarding way to use social media.
- Conway police continue search for armed robbery suspect
- Fourth-grader’s UT shirt raises nearly $1 million for anti-bullying group
- 9-year-old collects toys for kids in hospital, all while fighting own battle
- ‘He was our baby’: Family devastated after veterinarian euthanizes wrong dog
- South Carolina Football adds Virginia Tech to future schedule