MYRTLE BEACH, SC (CNN NEWSOURCE/WKRG)–Go ahead and hit delete… Today is National ‘Unfriend’ Day.
Jimmy Kimmel declared November 17th ‘national Facebook unfriend day” to inspire people to tidy-up their social media accounts.
Social media use can interfere with sleep, mental health or daily responsibilities.
Some psychologists say ‘unfriending’ certain people can be a good solution for those problems.
Clearing out your connections can make more room in your news-feed for people you’re close with, which can be a more rewarding way to use social media.
- 4 injured in crash near Socastee; drivers asked to avoid area
- Large police presence for ‘disturbance’ at Myrtle Beach hotel
- In the Pee Dee, high school football ‘is huge not only for the community, but our kids’
- 84-year-old man taking photos of boys outside Missouri grade school charged with child porn
- Deputies investigate deadly shooting at mobile home park near Lumberton