MYRTLE BEACH, SC (CNN NEWSOURCE/WKRG)–Go ahead and hit delete… Today is National ‘Unfriend’ Day.
Jimmy Kimmel declared November 17th ‘national Facebook unfriend day” to inspire people to tidy-up their social media accounts.
Social media use can interfere with sleep, mental health or daily responsibilities.
Some psychologists say ‘unfriending’ certain people can be a good solution for those problems.
Clearing out your connections can make more room in your news-feed for people you’re close with, which can be a more rewarding way to use social media.
- Legendary broadcaster Hugh Downs has died at the age of 99
- DHEC: 1,629 new cases of COVID-19, 179 in Horry County
- Marine scientist: Video of ‘cute’ dolphin shows concerning behavior
- It’s official! Iconic Springmaid Pier to open on Friday
- Buttigieg, SC capital city mayor team up on COVID-19 effort