BOONSBORO, Md. (WDVM)– A Maryland man has been charged with raping a boy on the Appalachian Trail near the border of Frederick County, Maryland.
Jason Cochrane, 43, is charged with sexual abuse of a minor, second degree rape and other counts after police discovered Cochrane and an adolescent boy in a camping tent.
Inside the tent, officers discovered condoms and sex toys, and according to court documents, police have confirmed with DNA testing that Cochrane and the boy had sexual contact and the boy was given crystal meth.
“While the juvenile was speaking with the officers, he was very responsive and compliant with the officers,” said PIO Maryland Department Natural Resources Lauren Moses.
Cochrane is being held without bond.
- Upstate communications departments say 911 lines tied up for wrong reasons
- Police search for teen who claims she will spread coronavirus
- LIVE NOW: US passes 10,000 virus deaths, but faint glimmer of hope appears
- CCU: ‘Test-optional’ policy enacted for for fall 2021 applicants
- Green Sea man ID’d as person killed after car ran off road, struck ditch, overturned in Horry Co.