BOONSBORO, Md. (WDVM)– A Maryland man has been charged with raping a boy on the Appalachian Trail near the border of Frederick County, Maryland.
Jason Cochrane, 43, is charged with sexual abuse of a minor, second degree rape and other counts after police discovered Cochrane and an adolescent boy in a camping tent.
Inside the tent, officers discovered condoms and sex toys, and according to court documents, police have confirmed with DNA testing that Cochrane and the boy had sexual contact and the boy was given crystal meth.
“While the juvenile was speaking with the officers, he was very responsive and compliant with the officers,” said PIO Maryland Department Natural Resources Lauren Moses.
Cochrane is being held without bond.
- Myrtle Beach SkyWheel celebrates 10 years with major renovations; these roads temporarily closed
- WATCH: Man hangs Nazi flag on tree across from North Carolina community
- Pandemic makes teacher shortages even worse
- Coronavirus guidelines now the rule at the White House
- Biden ordering stopgap relief as talks start on big stimulus plan