FORT WORTH, Texas (WCMH) — A Texas domestic violence shelter is sharing a child’s heartbreaking letter to Santa.
According to SafeHaven of Tarrant County, the letter was found in the backpack of a 7-year-old child who is staying in a domestic violence shelter with his mother. The shelter shared the letter on Facebook in hopes of raising money for other families.
“Thanks to your donations through Santa’s Sack, Blake is getting exactly what he asked for from Santa,” the shelter wrote in the post. “But with 117 women and children needing shelter this holiday season, we need your help to make sure they have a safe place to stay throughout December.”
The child wrote of being scared of his dad. He asked Santa for books, a compass and a watch. He also asked Santa to bring him a ‘very very very good dad.’
- Police: Woman charged with murder after deadly Florence shooting
- Sun Belt, CCU announce changes to the men’s basketball schedule
- Sun Belt, CCU announce changes to the women’s basketball schedule
- Mail truck flattened by falling tree in North Carolina
- NASA to launch new satellite to improve hurricane forecasting