LOS ANGELES (AP) – The widow of Kobe Bryant has sued the owner of the helicopter that crashed in fog and killed her husband and her 13-year-old daughter last month.
The wrongful death lawsuit filed by Vanessa Bryant in Los Angeles says the pilot was careless and negligent by flying in cloudy conditions Jan. 26 and should have aborted the flight.
The pilot was among the nine people killed in the crash.
The lawsuit was filed as a public memorial service for Kobe Bryant and his daughter was being held at the arena where Bryant played most of his career.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Authorities investigate blast at anti-gay California church
- SEE: Bizarre, twisting skyscraper proposed for Manhattan
- Investigation underway after man died hours after getting COVID-19 vaccine
- Oklahoma lawmaker files bill for Bigfoot hunting season
- Nearing 6,000 confirmed deaths in SC after Sunday’s DHEC report