(WCBS/CNN/WBTW) – They may be cute and fluffy to some, but the creator of labradoodles says this animal is his biggest regret.
Wally Conron first bred a Labrador and a Poodle in 1989 to help a man who was allergic to dogs.
But, Conron says after that, a trend for designer dogs began.
He says he may have opened Pandora’s box and released a “Frankenstein’s monster.”
Conron says people have gone too far with cross-breeding and they don’t think about the consequences.
Labradoodles are said to develop health problems like eye disease and hip problems.
- After worst travel year on record, national hotel group warns of slow recovery due to COVID-19
- Pee Dee pharmacies waiting on vaccine doses
- Woman accused of killing husband in Florence released from jail on bond
- Chase for the Championship | Virginia sends strong message to ACC
- Florence police search for missing man last heard from a month ago