ST. PETERSBURG, FL (WFLA/WBTW) – A missing 3-year-old boy was found by an officer in a pond a block away from his home and was pronounced dead in the hospital shortly after.
The St. Petersburg Police Department responded to a home at Lakewood Estates around 11:30 a.m. Sunday for the missing boy.
An officer found Malik Brown in a pond on Alcazar Way South around 11:40 a.m., about a block and a half away from his home.
The child was transported to the hospital, but was later pronounced dead.
- Trump supporters attempt world record boat parade near Clearwater Beach
- This NC woman turns 116 today and is the oldest person in the U.S.
- Scattered storms for your Saturday
- CareSouth Carolina to host Back to School Drive-Thru in Dillon Saturday
- AL Police: Homicide of 3-year-old disguised as hot car death