ST. PETERSBURG, FL (WFLA/WBTW) – A missing 3-year-old boy was found by an officer in a pond a block away from his home and was pronounced dead in the hospital shortly after.
The St. Petersburg Police Department responded to a home at Lakewood Estates around 11:30 a.m. Sunday for the missing boy.
An officer found Malik Brown in a pond on Alcazar Way South around 11:40 a.m., about a block and a half away from his home.
The child was transported to the hospital, but was later pronounced dead.
- 49ers’ Super Bowl run has similarities to 1981 title team
- Super Bowl back in Miami for 11th time after 10-year hiatus
- US fines Delta $50,000 for booting off 3 Muslim passengers
- NC woman wins $5 million in two lottery games
- UNC beats Miami 94-71 to end 5-game skid; Williams surpasses Smith in all-time wins