KNOXVILLE, TN (WATE/WBTW) – Officials have confirmed the infant found unresponsive in a Knox County bathtub on Wednesday has passed away.
Officials at East Tennessee Children’s Hospital confirmed 11-month-old Aiden Xavier Leonardo has passed away. The child was hospitalized on Wednesday night after being found unresponsive in a bathtub.
His mother, Lindsee Louise Leonardo, 32, was taken into custody Thursday afternoon and charged with felony aggravated child abuse and first-degree murder by Knox County Sheriff’s Office Family Crimes and Major Crimes Detectives at Children’s Hospital. Bond has been set for $350,000.
According to an arrest warrant, Leonardo told police she put the infant and her 23-month-old in the bathtub with 4-6 inches of water before going outside to smoke a cigarette and have some “me time” around 8 p.m. Wednesday. She said she was outside for about 10 minutes.
Leonardo said when she returned, the 23-month-old had turned the water back on, filling the tub to the top. She said the 11-month old was floating on his back while the 23-month-old stood in the tub.
Leonardo stated she took the infant from the tub to a bed and called 911, with dispatchers instructing her on how to perform CPR.
American Medical Response transported the victim to Tennova Turkey Creek Medical Center where they regained a heartbeat. The 11-month was later transferred to the East Tennessee Children’s Hospital.
- 4 injured in crash near Socastee; drivers asked to avoid area
- Large police presence for ‘disturbance’ at Myrtle Beach hotel
- In the Pee Dee, high school football ‘is huge not only for the community, but our kids’
- 84-year-old man taking photos of boys outside Missouri grade school charged with child porn
- Deputies investigate deadly shooting at mobile home park near Lumberton