KNOXVILLE, TN (WATE/WBTW) – Officials have confirmed the infant found unresponsive in a Knox County bathtub on Wednesday has passed away.
Officials at East Tennessee Children’s Hospital confirmed 11-month-old Aiden Xavier Leonardo has passed away. The child was hospitalized on Wednesday night after being found unresponsive in a bathtub.
His mother, Lindsee Louise Leonardo, 32, was taken into custody Thursday afternoon and charged with felony aggravated child abuse and first-degree murder by Knox County Sheriff’s Office Family Crimes and Major Crimes Detectives at Children’s Hospital. Bond has been set for $350,000.
According to an arrest warrant, Leonardo told police she put the infant and her 23-month-old in the bathtub with 4-6 inches of water before going outside to smoke a cigarette and have some “me time” around 8 p.m. Wednesday. She said she was outside for about 10 minutes.
Leonardo said when she returned, the 23-month-old had turned the water back on, filling the tub to the top. She said the 11-month old was floating on his back while the 23-month-old stood in the tub.
Leonardo stated she took the infant from the tub to a bed and called 911, with dispatchers instructing her on how to perform CPR.
American Medical Response transported the victim to Tennova Turkey Creek Medical Center where they regained a heartbeat. The 11-month was later transferred to the East Tennessee Children’s Hospital.
- Palmetto Games rosters set for event on August 22-23 in Sumter
- Trump defends tweet about NASCAR’s Confederate flag ban, Bubba Wallace
- Body found near Hwy 301 in Dillon County Sunday morning
- ‘Masks make a difference’: Dr. Fauci talks safely reopening as COVID-19 cases in south spike
- Lawmakers question approval process of which companies receive PPP Loans