ST. AUGUSTINE, FL (CNN NEWSOURCE/WBTW) – One person is dead after a porta-potty caught fire in Florida.
Authorities in St. Augustine say firefighters responded to a fire that had engulfed a porta-potty Saturday morning.
After the fire was put out, responders say they found human remains in the rubble.
Neighbors report hearing a blast before the fire was discovered.
The victim appears to be a woman, according to detectives. They added they don’t have any missing person reports at this time.
The medical examiner is expected to conduct an autopsy Monday to identify the person and determine the cause of death.
- Mild today with morning clouds and afternoon clearing
- After worst travel year on record, national hotel group warns of slow recovery due to COVID-19
- Pee Dee pharmacies waiting on vaccine doses
- Woman accused of killing husband in Florence released from jail on bond
- Chase for the Championship | Virginia sends strong message to ACC