TAMPA (WFLA) – A Florida woman was killed in the Durham, North Carolina, area while visiting her family for Christmas.
Family members believe Jessica Cortez Luna’s boyfriend shot and killed the mother of four and are now begging for Luna’s boyfriend to turn himself in.
Cortez Luna, of Tampa, was a mother of four with children ages 12, 7, 3, and 7 months old and the family was planning to leave to return to Tampa sometime later Saturday.
“I want to let other women know who are going through domestic violence to say something before this happens,” Luna’s sister Maria Cortez Luna said.
Late Saturday evening, Durham police announced that Jorge Maya Gomez, 28, of Tampa is wanted for the murder of Luna. Gomez “is considered to be armed and dangerous,” Durham police said.
Gomez is described as standing somewhere between 6 feet and 6 feet 1 inch tall. He has short brown hair and a long goatee. He was last seen fleeing the scene in a black 2016 Chevrolet 1500 Silverado truck with an NC license plate that reads HEW-3881.
Anyone with information is asked to call Inv. Mitchell at (919) 560-4440, ext. 29335 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
- North Myrtle Beach girls prepare for Thursday’s state final appearance
- Police arrest Myrtle Beach man wanted for theft, fraud charges
- Georgia Tech tops Duke in overtime to win 5th in a row
- North Myrtle Beach at-large council seat race set for runoff as no candidate crosses threshold
- Stimulus check latest: Biden urges Senate Democrats to rally behind $1.9T COVID-19 bill