PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Elephants at the Oregon Zoo had a very happy Friday as they participated in the annual tradition of Squishing the Squash.
The elephants squished, stomped and munched on some of the Portland area’s largest pumpkins. One of the pumpkins was 800 pounds, and the other was 600 pounds.
They were provided by Pacific Giant Vegetable Growers Club members Larry and Christy Nelson of Albany.
The Zoo said activities such as smashing pumpkins help keep the animals mentally and physically stimulated.
- Walt Disney World bans former employee who was fired for drinking water from park’s decorative fountains
- Preschool enrollment drops in Horry County and across South Carolina
- Stimulus checks: More than 1M more just went out. Here’s who got one
- Police: 1 person shot at Myrtle Beach hotel
- Vehicle fire near Market Common closes portion of Highway 17 bypass