SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Twitter could ban President Donald Trump from the social media platform after Inauguration Day, a Twitter spokesperson told Forbes Thursday.
The president’s ongoing spread of conspiracy theories and false claims has led Twitter to fact check and put warning labels on certain tweets.
President Trump is shielded by Twitter’s “World Leaders Policy”, which means the platform can leave up a tweet that breaks its rules so the public can view what their leaders are stating.
Under the policy, Trump was allowed to spread misinformation about issues like COVID-19 and the presidential election, and tweet violent threats, such as “when the looting starts, the shooting starts!” as he did back in June — without fear of punishment.
- SC teacher advocacy group wants teachers prioritized in next COVID-19 vaccine phase
- FBI: 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- Devante Jones leads the way as the CCU men take down Troy, 90-81
- Solicitor talks about uniqueness of charge against couple accused of public sex acts in Myrtle Beach