(CNN)-The United States Postal Service is planning for a temporary price hike.
It will go into effect from October 18 to December 27 of this year.
The price increase is due to the high demand for online items.
Package shipments will see a rate increase anywhere from 24 cents to as $1.50
USPS filed the notice with the Postal Regulatory Commission.
The price hike is expected to still keep the postal service rates competitive while providing the agency with much needed revenue.
- Trump arrives home in Florida, presidency ends
- Conway man arrested in Friday armed robbery
- Newsfeed Now: A historic Inauguration Day, 10-year-old CEO becomes best-selling author
- ‘My great friend impacted my life by the life he lived,’ community pays tribute ahead of HCPD Officer Melton Gore’s funeral
- 3 title game quarterbacks have similar draft history