(Video courtesy 22News viewer)
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A driver is facing several charges after driving under the influence and crashing into a police cruiser early Saturday morning.
Springfield Police spokesperson Ryan Walsh told 22News around 2 a.m., officers were patrolling the downtown bar area where they saw a driver run a red light and collide with another car in the area of Main and Worthington Street.
Walsh said the driver who caused the crash allegedly attempted to leave the area, crossed a double yellow line, and then hit a police cruiser head-on. The driver was taken to the hospital and will receive a criminal complaint for various charges including OUI-Liquor and OUI-Drugs.
The other driver whose car was hit will receive a complaint for a revoked license said Walsh. The officers who were in the cruiser that was struck are expected to be okay.
- Dr. Fauci: COVID-19 could become seasonal
- 16 SC Department of Corrections staff members have tested positive for coronavirus
- 22 veterans now dead at Soldiers’ Home in Massachusetts, 18 staff members test positive for COVID-19
- Surfside woman creates her own ‘beach’ in her living room
- Three-year-old rescued in Hartsville standoff; suspect in custody: DCSO