(Video courtesy 22News viewer)
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A driver is facing several charges after driving under the influence and crashing into a police cruiser early Saturday morning.
Springfield Police spokesperson Ryan Walsh told 22News around 2 a.m., officers were patrolling the downtown bar area where they saw a driver run a red light and collide with another car in the area of Main and Worthington Street.
Walsh said the driver who caused the crash allegedly attempted to leave the area, crossed a double yellow line, and then hit a police cruiser head-on. The driver was taken to the hospital and will receive a criminal complaint for various charges including OUI-Liquor and OUI-Drugs.
The other driver whose car was hit will receive a complaint for a revoked license said Walsh. The officers who were in the cruiser that was struck are expected to be okay.
- President Biden’s measures to fight climate change include freeze on new offshore drilling leases
- No. 20 Hokies rebound from road loss to top Notre Dame 62-51
- Community attends prayer service on anniversary of Gannon Stauch’s disappearance
- UNCP men win the battle of I95, taking down Francis Marion, 82-80
- Bryant, South Carolina take down Georgia with ease, 83-59