EAST LANSING, MI (CNN/WBTW) – A Michigan State University football player had his two best friends at his side as he hit a milestone in his collegiate career.
Josh Butler ran onto the field with his two dogs, Remi and Roxy, for “Senior Day” Saturday.
The Michigan State cornerback made his entrance into spartan stadium, receiving one last ovation.
The moment was a highlight for the 23-year-old after a couple of heartbreaking losses.
Butler’s mother– Ladrida Bagley– died in April 2019 of breast cancer.
Her death came two years after his father’s death.
Butler said his dogs and his teammates helped him work through his grief and focus on the good in life.
- Living Local Carolina: Carolina Trust Federal Credit Union Provides Viewers With Credit Tips For A Healthy Score
- Living Local Carolina: Mullins Offers A Look Back Through Time At The South Carolina Tobacco Museum
- Horry County early voters have casted three times more ballots than 2016; Pee Dee early voting also up
- AP FACT CHECK: Examining claims from last Trump-Biden debate
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown