EAST LANSING, MI (CNN/WBTW) – A Michigan State University football player had his two best friends at his side as he hit a milestone in his collegiate career.
Josh Butler ran onto the field with his two dogs, Remi and Roxy, for “Senior Day” Saturday.
The Michigan State cornerback made his entrance into spartan stadium, receiving one last ovation.
The moment was a highlight for the 23-year-old after a couple of heartbreaking losses.
Butler’s mother– Ladrida Bagley– died in April 2019 of breast cancer.
Her death came two years after his father’s death.
Butler said his dogs and his teammates helped him work through his grief and focus on the good in life.
- Multiple dog tags among odd items found in 445-pound gator’s stomach
- Brain of ex-NFL player accused of shooting 5 to death in South Carolina before committing suicide to be ‘studied for CTE’
- One person injured when car flips over on Hwy 22 in Horry County
- Two airlines add new nonstop flights from Myrtle Beach to 7 cities, ranging from $39 to $69
- Stimulus checks: What we know about how people are spending the $1,400