WASHINGTON COUNTY, OR (KSEE/KGPE) – A school bus driver was arrested for allegedly driving under the influence following an incident in northern Oregon.
According to Washington County Sheriff’s Office, 20-year-old Jonathan C. Gates was driving the bus around 8 a.m. Wednesday, when it crashed on a rural road outside Hillsboro. As well as the driver, deputies report that there were 10 children and an adult bus aid on board too.
Security footage from inside the bus captures the children onboard screaming as the bus careens off the road and into a ditch.
Deputies say Gates appeared to be impaired and was arrested for DUI-controlled substance. He was issued a citation and released.
No injuries were reported in the incident.
- Trump’s unemployment benefit orders ‘are complete mess’
- Scattered thunderstorms each afternoon
- Inmate sues for masks to be distributed to all prisoners at J. Reuben Long
- Robeson County Sheriff’s Office needs help identifying suspects in unsolved homicides
- Antonio Banderas says he’s tested positive for coronavirus