BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The World Health Organization (WHO) wants governments to enforce measures that limit the consumption of alcohol during the coronavirus pandemic.
“At times of lockdown during the COVID-19 pandemic, alcohol consumption can exacerbate health vulnerability, risk-taking behaviours, mental health issues and violence,” the WHO wrote on their website.
Alcohol does not protect the drinker from coronavirus, nor does it make them any better equipped to handle the potential effects of the virus.
- Crews respond to commercial vehicle fire on Highway 9 in Longs
- WATCH: Driver uses semi-truck to help end chase with California murder suspect
- U.S. Coast Guard searching for boater in Savannah River
- Woman arrested after refusing to return $1.2 million mistakenly put into her account
- 17-year-old Florida girl electrocuted by downed power lines trying to escape car after tree fell on it