NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD) – The North Charleston Police Department is investigating an accidental shooting that left a 4-year-old dead.
According to NCPD, at 8:45 a.m. Saturday morning officers responded to an apartment complex on Morris Baker Blvd. in reference to an accidental shooting. When officers arrived to the scene, they found a 4-year-old suffering from apparent accidental and self-inflicted single gunshot wound.
Officials report the juvenile was transported to a local hospital where they later died from their injury.
The NCPD detectives are investigating the incident.
- Second stimulus checks: New bipartisan effort to pass COVID relief
- Traffic blocked after crash on Robert Grissom Pkwy in Myrtle Beach
- Coroner IDs juvenile fatally shot on Thanksgiving as SC high school football player
- List: Cyber Monday 2020 gift card freebies
- Georgia official announces investigations, defends election