NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – The City of North Myrtle Beach announced Thursday, lifeguards have been approved for a pay increase, according to North Myrtle Beach Ocean Rescue.
Lifeguards will now be paid $14-16 per hour, with supervisors being paid $17 an hour. New lifeguards will be paid an additional $800 bonus and returning lifeguards will receive a $500 bonus.
Lifeguards will also receive two $100 holiday bonuses, free training and free uniforms. Candidates must be able to swim 550 yards in 10 minutes or less, according to NMBOR.
Those who are interested in applying for a seasonal lifeguard position can apply here.
- President Biden’s measures to fight climate change include freeze on new offshore drilling leases
- No. 20 Hokies rebound from road loss to top Notre Dame 62-51
- Community attends prayer service on anniversary of Gannon Stauch’s disappearance
- UNCP men win the battle of I95, taking down Francis Marion, 82-80
- Bryant, South Carolina take down Georgia with ease, 83-59