OLANTA AREA, SC (WBTW) – A person died following a wreck on Highway 301 just outside of Olanta, according to troopers.
It happened around 9:45 Friday night near Red Road, according to South Carolina Highway Patrol.
Corporal Sonny Collins with SCHP said a Ford Fusion ran off the road and into a legally parked commercial vehicle while heading north on Highway 301.
The driver of the Ford Fusion was the person killed, Collins said. Their name has not yet been released.
South Carolina Highway Patrol is investigating. Count on News13 for updates.
- SCDOT to repair falling concrete from major bridge in North Myrtle Beach
- Additional traffic signals, new multi-use path approved for Carolina Forest Boulevard
- Murder suspect in Darlington County released on bond
- Farmers protect crops against expected sub-freezing temperatures
- High School Basketball playoffs – February 21