ROBESON COUNTY, NC (WBTW) — Robeson County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to reports of shots fired early Sunday morning at 12:07 am.
One person was killed and another injured in a domestic dispute that took place near Southfork Rd. in Parkton.
Deputies say Dylan Tigart, 28, of Parkton and another suffered from gunshot wounds. Tigart was shot by a different individual who was attempting to intervene in the domestic dispute, deputies say.
The person wounded was taken to a local medical center for non-life-threatening injuries. Deputies say Tigart was transported to Chapel Hill Medical Center and died from his injuries.
Robeson County Sheriff’s Office Homicide Division is conducting the investigation and says it’s still ongoing.
Robeson County Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone with information to contact them at (910)-671-3170 or (910)-671-3100.
- OSBI officials assisting investigation at zoo formerly owned by Joe ‘Tiger King’ Exotic
- California tribe at odds with border officials, wall construction crews
- Jehovah’s Witnesses cancel in-person conventions worldwide, will stream online in 100 languages
- Heat and humidity to finish the weekend
- 18 teams tee off for Grand Strand Down Syndrome Society fundraiser